Tracking traffic on your organization's site is essential to understanding where your online efforts are most effective. You can track the amount of clicks from your socially optimized email signature to understand how effective your signature actually is. Tweak and edit your signature until you reach the highest ratio of emails sent to email signature clicks.
Simple instructions for this tiny tip:
1) Register for bit.ly. Bit.ly is primarily a link shortening service, which is handy for keeping tweets under 140 characters. It also allows you to track the amount of clicks you're receiving from the links you post.
2) Copy URL (web address) of your organization's Twitter and Facebook pages.
3) Shorten each URL, then copy the new shortened bit.ly version of each.
4) Replace the old Twitter/Facebook URLs with the new bit.ly URLs in your email signature. This can be done through the Wisestamp service if you started with Tiny Tip #1.
5) Track the amount of clicks from your signature at bit.ly.